After we requested a lot of you, “What are you most excited for at Devcon4?” most individuals replied: the individuals! That is the one time a 12 months all of us get collectively in a single place. We don’t wish to spend all of our time at Devcon sitting in a darkish room, staring in silence at an individual on a stage – we wish to see, meet and discuss with one another.
In that spirit, we’re designing the programming and atmosphere of Devcon4 to offer the time and house for all of us to make new connections – between individuals and concepts. This can be a likelihood for us to ask one another a very powerful questions and dive deep into the hardest challenges (and thrilling alternatives!) dealing with Ethereum right this moment.
So we’re going to experiment with extra participatory programming at Devcon4 this 12 months!
Listed below are 3 ways you possibly can apply to take part in Devcon4:
- Give a presentation: That is self-explanatory. 😉 Give a 5-minute lightning discuss or a 20-minute presentation on the subject of your alternative.
- Lead a workshop: Educate individuals to do one thing. Over the course of two hours, members ought to “get their arms soiled,” whether or not writing code or studying to inform tales.
- Host a breakout room: Be artistic and provide you with your personal programming for Devcon4! Host dapp design critiques, facilitate a dialog, do reside safety critiques, [enter your awesome idea here]
While you apply, we ask that you just join your session to considered one of six core themes:
- Scalability: How can we scale Ethereum in a safe, decentralized, and trustless method as a way to obtain mass adoption?
- Safety: How can we guarantee the protection of consumer knowledge and funds?
- Privateness: How can we empower customers to be in charge of their very own knowledge?
- Developer Expertise: How can we make growing for Ethereum easy, extensible, and enjoyable?
- UX & Design: How can we create a extra intuitive, usable and pleasant expertise for our customers?
- Society & Methods: Why can we BUIDL? How will this know-how change our societal methods, and the individuals inside them? (To be clear: that is additionally a little bit of a “catch all” theme for governance, cryptoeconomics, social affect, memes, and so on.)
If you wish to discuss your particular dapp or protocol, please accomplish that within the context of considered one of these shared subjects. How have you ever recognized or solved a typical downside? How can your work profit the remainder of our group?
With ~3000 members and solely a lot time, we anticipate purposes for participation to be extremely aggressive this 12 months. Please purchase your tickets forward of time within the likelihood that your submission is not accepted so that you just don’t miss out on getting a ticket to Devcon4! We’ll course of a refund for anybody who purchases a ticket after which qualifies for a complimentary cross.
Please assist us create a Devcon4 expertise within the spirit of those values:
- Participatory: We’re all creating the Ethereum ecosystem collectively and Devcon4 ought to replicate that. Along with academic talks, Devcon4 ought to present alternatives for members to contribute to the broader dialog and share info with each other.
- Instructional: As the one EF-hosted occasion, Devcon4 is an opportunity for our group to be taught straight from the leaders of the Ethereum ecosystem. Individuals ought to be taught issues they couldn’t be taught wherever else.
- Enjoyable: The primary cause why individuals come to Devcon is to see each other! Let’s create a uniquely “Ethereum” household reunion for our group.
Go to https://devcon4.ethereum.org/call-for-participation to be taught extra and apply!